Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Strengths and Weaknesses In Content Areas of Teaching

Santrock discusses the different Content Areas of Teaching in Chapter 11.  The content area I plan on teaching is Mathematics.  I plan on teaching math at the middle school or high school age.  At this age I need to make sure that my teaching is effective enough that my students actually understand what I am teaching, and not just memorizing it for assessment.

I know a lot about math and how to prove a lot of the concepts.  However, I might have a weakness in motivating my students to love math like I do and understand it like I do.  I don't know why I like math so much or why it has been so easy for me.  I need to find the reason behind this so I can use it to motivate my students.

1 comment:

  1. You may not have to make students LIKE math, but maybe just helping them see how useful it is in everyday life will be a motivator for them to try hard in your class.

    ReplyDelete